Discover What We Do Best
At Wake Forest Innovations, we help your research project or fill your technology pipeline by drawing on the expertise of the researchers and clinicians of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. Wake Forest Baptist is a leading research institution ranked nationally in six specialties and regionally ranked as the No. 2 hospital in the state of North Carolina.
Learn about our strategic research priorities.
The Comprehensive Cancer Center at Wake Forest Baptist has built a team of nationally and internationally recognized experts who specialize in drug development, prevention, early diagnosis, precision medicine and novel treatments. The Center is among an elite group acknowledged as the nation’s leaders in the fight against cancer.
- Ranked No. 27 in the country by U.S. News & World Report (2017)
- One of only 45 Comprehensive Cancer Centers (designated by the National Cancer Institute) in the United States
Wake Forest Baptist’s Aging Program builds on more than 25 years of national leadership in aging research and consists of multiple centers, including the Claude D. Pepper Older Americans Independence Center and the Sticht Center on Aging.
- Ranked No. 33 among the nation’s best hospitals for geriatrics by U.S. News & World Report (2017)
- Leading a $7.9 million multicenter study exploring the role of intranasal insulin as a treatment for memory loss and Alzheimer’s disease
Diabetes, obesity and metabolism disorders
Wake Forest Baptist is an international leader in diabetes and obesity research, care and education. Its scientists and clinicians have engaged in groundbreaking preclinical and clinical trials targeting diabetes prevention as well as its comorbidities.
- Ranked as a nationally high preforming hospital for diabetes and endocrinology by U.S. News & World Report (2017)
- Conducting multiple nonhuman primate studies underway to investigate obesity, insulin resistance and inflammation, and their role in the progression of diabetes
The Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine is a pioneer in the field of regenerative medicine. The Institute’s researchers are leading innovators in the field.
- First to engineer functional experimental solid organs
- First to create a laboratory-grown organ that was successfully implanted in patients
- Leading a $75 million government initiative to develop life-improving treatments for wounded soldiers
Neurology & Neurosurgery
At Wake Forest Baptist, clinical investigators are shaping the future for conditions like epilepsy, stroke and movement disorders, while our preclinical researchers lead the development of novel medications for the treatment of addiction.
- Ranked as No. 37 in the country for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report (2017)
- Member of the Adult Brain Tumor Consortium, a group of leading academic medical centers developing more effective treatments for malignant brain tumors
- Leads one of three federally-funded projects focusing on effective risk communication of novel tobacco products
Wake Forest Baptist has been at the forefront of heart and vascular disease care for nearly 30 years. Our cardiovascular research has played key roles in advancing the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease and related diseases.
- Ranked as a nationally high performing hospital for cardiology & heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report (2017)
- Received accolades for our cardiac care from the American College of Cardiology and the Society of Thoracic Surgeons
Discover What We Have to Offer You
Start a conversation with us to explore how the resources and expertise of Wake Forest Baptist Medical can work for your research.