Wake Forest Operational Medicine provides advanced medical training to elite medics and operators from the U.S. armed services and other government agencies as well as allied military forces from around the globe. The mission of Operational Medicine is to equip trainees with the advanced medical skills necessary to access, stabilize and evacuate the sick and injured in today’s evolving battlefield.
The Operational Medicine training team is comprised of expert medical professionals and former special mission unit military personnel.
Since 2008, Operational Medicine has focused on delivering the most realistic and advanced tactical medical training available. To accomplish this, Operational Medicine:
- Utilizes immersive based training methods through the employment of full mission profile scenarios
- Incorporates the full spectrum of patient models into each training course
- Leverages unique resources of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center’s prestigious Level I Trauma Center and Operational Medicine’s custom tactical training facility in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
Operational Medicine develops collaborative relationships with private, local and state agencies to host a variety of custom scenarios in unique environments across middle North Carolina.
Operational Medicine courses include advanced instruction in the following areas:
- Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC)
- Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic Refresher Training
- Rescue Operations (Hoist, Rope and Litter)
- Extrication Tactics, Techniques and Procedures
- Advanced and Definitive Care Procedures
- Field Expedient Medicine
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Prolonged Field Care
Nationally accredited paramedic re-certification course provider
Contact Operational Medicine
CAPCE Provider#: WakeHealth6701