On May 19, Wake Forest Innovations will host its second annual Open Thinking Innovation Showcase. The event, sponsored by Kilpatrick & Stockton, will showcase the latest health care products and technologies that can change the way we live and will feature inventors from Wake Forest School of Medicine and Wake Forest University.
“Open Thinking is a tremendous opportunity to exhibit the advances in life sciences and technologies being created here in Winston-Salem that affect our everyday lives,” said Jeff Brennan, vice president for technology innovation & commercialization at Wake Forest Innovations.
This year’s Open Thinking event will feature keynote speaker Art Pappas, managing partner of Pappas Capital in Durham, N.C.
Art has over 30 years of operating experience as a pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry executive and venture capital investor in life science companies. Art founded Pappas Capital in 1994, and over the past two decades the firm has managed $450 million in capital and invested in more than 70 life science companies through its flagship Pappas Ventures business unit as well as its Specialized Fund Management business unit.
“Wake Forest Innovations represents a great medical research institution and university driving some of the most creative approaches to technology innovation in the country,” said Art Pappas. “We are thrilled to participate in an event that showcases both their leadership and their new scientific advances.”
In addition to hearing from this seasoned investor, attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the Catalyst Fund, a $15 million technology development program designed to accelerate innovative life science technologies at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.
- Preview the emerging medical devices, diagnostics and therapeutics being developed at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center that are poised to change health care.
- Preview technologies from Wake Forest University that can impact they way we live.
- Meet the inventors and learn about their technologies.
- Network with visiting partners in the pharmaceutical, medical device and investing industries.
Featured technologies and their inventors will include:
- A Solid-State Nanopore System for Quantifying DNA/RNA; Adam Hall, PhD
- Blood-based Diagnostic for Bioenergetic Capacity; Anthony Molina, PhD
- Bordetella Bronchiseptica Animal Vaccine; Rajendar Deora, PhD
- Incremental Syringe; Majid Mirzazadeh, MD
- KPC34; Timothy Pardee, MD, PhD, & Gregory Kucera, PhD
- Novel Methods and Compositions for Immune-PET Detection; Thaddeus Wadas, PhD
- Semi-conductor Fabrication; Oana Jurchescu, PhD, & Peter Diemer, PhD
- Synthetic Analogs of Ang 1-7; Ann Tallant, PhD, & Patricia Gallagher, PhD
For more information or to register, please visit j.mp/open-thinking.
Media contact: James Patterson, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1.336.713.1652.